- Hula Hoop Pass: This five-minute game requires amazing coordination! Kids get in a circle, and they have to pass themselves through a hula hoop without breaking the hand-chain. Like so:
- Concentration: Keep the rhythm, everybody! Let's play! (Scowl-Face is already out . . .) Improv Encyclopedia calls this an improvisation game. Here's the how-to of one version.
- Hand Game: Hands put on the ground. Not as easy as it sounds. Watch the video below, and you'll understand why.
- My Name is ... and I Like to Dance: My name is Cauli, and I like to dance the stray cat strut (apologies to Brian Setzer and The Stray Cats). It works like this:
- Indian Chief: (Okay, Native American Chief, for you politically-correct types out there.)
- People to People: This would be more fun with felines. Well, at least for moi.
- Lap Circle: This one, I wish we had a video to explain. Kids get in a circle and move together until the circle becomes so small that people are sitting in each others' laps.
- Stand Together: Nope. Can't be done. Must be an optical illusion.
- 1-2-3, Look! Broadway Gal says this is a quiet version of Scream Machine. Everyone closes his/her eyes (at BAC, it's all "his's" 'cause they're guys) and lowers his/her head, and the leader calls out 1-2-3-Look! (But, of course, they can't see anything, because their eyes are closed! D'oh! Oh, wait, there's more.) At the call to look, each person looks up at one specific person. If the person you're looking at is also looking at you, then you're both out. No fair changing who you're looking at. If the person you're looking at is looking elsewhere (elsewho?), then you get to stay in the game, and the cycle repeats until only two players are left. The winners get to feed me my supper (extra portions, woo-hoo!) (okay, I made that last part up).
This month's BAC session is filled, I think (15 participants), so you'll need to sign-up for their next event on March 21, 2011, which is Building With Popsicle Sticks. Guess who gets to eat all the popsicles first?
A Truly Original Stray Cat,
Cauli Le Chat
MPL Roving Reporter
Fun-and-Games News Beat
More Cool Than You'll Ever Be
Scowl-Face could (and would) go on forever about this, but I've heard enough. Time for supper. Go to bed, old man!